* README (Requirements): Refer to the manual.
(Installation): Update URL of the manual.
@ -18,27 +18,12 @@ Guix is based on the [[https://nixos.org/nix/][Nix]] package manager.
GNU Guix currently depends on the following packages:
If you are building Guix from source, please see the manual for build
instructions and requirements, either by running:
- [[https://gnu.org/software/guile/][GNU Guile 2.2.x]]
- [[https://notabug.org/cwebber/guile-gcrypt][Guile-Gcrypt]] 0.1.0 or later
- [[https://www.gnu.org/software/make/][GNU Make]]
- [[https://www.gnutls.org][GnuTLS]] compiled with guile support enabled
- [[https://notabug.org/guile-sqlite3/guile-sqlite3][Guile-SQLite3]], version 0.1.0 or later
info -f doc/guix.info "Requirements"
Unless `--disable-daemon' was passed, the following packages are needed:
- [[https://gnupg.org/][GNU libgcrypt]]
- [[https://sqlite.org/][SQLite 3]]
- [[https://gcc.gnu.org][GCC's g++]]
- optionally [[http://www.bzip.org][libbz2]]
When `--disable-daemon' was passed, you instead need the following:
or by checking the [[https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Requirements.html][web copy of the manual]].
@ -46,7 +31,7 @@ See the manual for the installation instructions, either by running
info -f doc/guix.info "Installation"
or by checking the [[https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/guix.html#Installation][web copy of the manual]].
or by checking the [[https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Installation.html][web copy of the manual]].
For information on installation from a Git checkout, please see the section
"Building from Git" in the manual.