- ;;; GNU Guix --- Functional package management for GNU
- ;;; Copyright © 2013 Andreas Enge <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- ;;; This file is part of GNU Guix.
- ;;; GNU Guix is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
- ;;; under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
- ;;; the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at
- ;;; your option) any later version.
- ;;; GNU Guix is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
- ;;; WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
- ;;; MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
- ;;; GNU General Public License for more details.
- ;;; You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
- ;;; along with GNU Guix. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
- (define-module (gnu packages file)
- #:use-module (gnu packages)
- #:use-module (guix licenses)
- #:use-module (guix packages)
- #:use-module (guix download)
- #:use-module (guix build-system gnu))
- (define-public file
- (name "file")
- (version "5.12")
- (source (origin
- (method url-fetch)
- (uri (string-append "ftp://ftp.astron.com/pub/file/file-"
- version ".tar.gz"))
- (sha256 (base32
- (build-system gnu-build-system)
- (synopsis "file, a file type guesser")
- "The file command is a file type guesser, a command-line tool that tells
- you in words what kind of data a file contains. It does not rely on filename
- extentions to tell you the type of a file, but looks at the actual contents
- of the file.")
- (license bsd-2)
- (home-page "http://www.darwinsys.com/file/")))